Darba laiks

  • The church is open on the time of worship.
    Any other time – by prior arrangement!


The history of the church reaches back to 1781-1785 – this brick-stone building was built by the funds of Peter, the last Duke of Courland, and it is one of the oldest churches in the closest area. First known pastor in the church was Georg Mancelius (1616-1620), the great Latvian litterateur, and first to know who registered an earthquake in 1616, which was felt also right here, in Valle.
Over the centuries, the church was demolished, after the World War II it was completely destroyed – robbed, damaged, partly collapsed, the interior of 18th and 19th century was burned in the fire. In 1988- 1989 the emergency repairing was happening – although the great renaissance of the church began in 2000, when in reconstruction works facade and windows were restored, new flooring, new roof and wooden pews were made, as well as the altar was restored and new art object “Kardiogramma plus” was set up.
The author of the altarpiece „Christ, bless the church! ("Kristus, svētī draudzi!” in Latvian) is artist Ģ. Balodis.
The worship is held on every Sunday on 14 o’clock, as well as on church and state holiday.



Entrance on donation!