Leia meid:

Tööaeg:

  • Freely accessible

Kirjeldus

In 1971, a dolomite monument "Cilvēku stāvi" (sculptor Imants Murovskis) was erected at the place of the murder. At the base of the monument there is a plaque with the inscription in Latvian "Eternal memory to the Soviet citizens who were killed in 1941 by the German-fascist occupiers and their accomplices, the bourgeois nationalists".

In July 1941, after German troops entered Bauska, the Jews were driven from the city center to the outskirts, where a conditional Jewish ghetto was established. At the beginning of August, the Jews were arrested and placed in the former building and courtyard of the Trade School, which was located in the territory of the conditional ghetto. After that, it was organized to take the Jews to the Likverteni forest of Vecsaules parish, where the Latvian SD unit "Arāja Komanda", which had arrived from Riga, shot about 500-600 Jews within several hours. About 150 - 200 Jews from Skaistkalne and other parishes of Bauska district and about 50 - 70 Jews from Jaunjelgava were also brought to Likverteni forest.

Hinnad

Free of charge

Soovitada: