Description

The Evangelical Lutheran church is the oldest building in Iecava - the church was among with the 70 churches that Duke Gotthard Ketler ordered to build in Kurzeme and Zemgale on February 28, 1567.
It was built in 1641, but, over the time, the church was damaged, burned and looted. However, in the 19th century it was rebuilt. In the second half of the 20th century, the roof of the church collapsed and its installations and interior were completely destroyed. Today, the roof and facade of the church have been restored, worships and classical music concerts are held in the altar part.
The Iecava city surroundings and the closest area can be viewed from the 50-meter-high church tower – visitors are welcome to enjoy it.
Around the church there is a cemetery, where many prominent residents of the region are buried, including the memorial place of von der Pahlen family.

Price

Entrance on donations!

Advise: